Dynaxys LLC is an innovative, agile and successful business. For over 25 years, the company has developed creative solutions to the most complex business challenges. We offer a portfolio of business process, software development and hosting solutions. While not limited by industry, the company has extensive experience in accounting, loan servicing, and real estate solutions.
Dynaxys develops enterprise and mobile applications using a variety of technologies and tools. We offer Web-based applications and legacy system integration that allow our customers to operate with greater agility and to leverage earlier investments. We house a FISMA-compliant managed data center. Customers from government, commercial and non-profit sectors can be certain that their needs for privacy, reliability, speed and security will be met.
Dynaxys is committed to making the workplace a positive environment as demonstrated by our numerous Workplace Excellence Awards presented by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence.
We are currently interviewing for a Director of Software and Products to provide technical leadership and management of the organization’s software products and software development staff. He/She will manage a technical staff of business analysts, project managers, software engineers and architects who perform full lifecycle software development of the existing products. The software development staff works closely with the infrastructure and security staff on information security, hosting and disaster recovery issues.
The organization is actively seeking new software development projects and products. This individual will support business development through participation in industry-specific groups and local business organizations, attendance at industry and business-specific conferences, assist with proposal writing, and support for business development staff.
The expectation is for this position to be a “working” management position. This role requires strong technical, management, and leadership skills and the willingness to be outward-facing and client-oriented.
- Provide technical guidance, oversight and day-to-day management of staff performing all phases of software development.
- Maintain software development process and product compliance with applicable standards, e.g. NIST/FISMA, SSAE16/SSAE18, CMMI.
- Work with staff on process improvements.
- Provide analysis, scoping, estimates and schedules for customer requests and RFP responses.
- Provide technical writing and documentation for proposal responses, client deliverables, presentations and corporate initiatives.
- Research product development options and provides analysis for product direction.
- Consult with internal departments to identify customer needs and project objectives. Provides support regarding product development to internal departments.
- Manage direct reports including communication of expectations, goal setting, and deliver/write performance evaluations.
- Participate in on-site requirements gathering meetings that require technical expertise.
- Perform as a team player who takes initiative and places a primary focus on the success of the team and customers.
- Support business development efforts, attend client meetings, and represent the company externally.
- Technical Proficiency
- Staff management
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
This position manages all employees of the department.
This is a full-time position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience managing software development teams
- Project management experience with a PMP certification or the commitment to obtain certification within 6 months
- B.S. in computer science, information systems or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal organizational and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Ability to handle diverse situations and changing priorities
- Professional-level writing skills including understanding of grammatical rules, punctuation, and sentence structure
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with experience managing a team of software engineers and technology professionals
Candidates must be eligible to access sensitive information by successfully completing a government background investigation National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) that results in a PIV Card. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US. Local candidates only.
NO THIRD PARTY FIRMS
Dynaxys is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/V
Submit resumes to [email protected]
Dynaxys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Dynaxys participates in E-Verify.
Right to Work Statement.